Zoning Commission

Zoning Commission2021-07-22T15:12:08-04:00

The Zoning Commission reviews and makes decisions on PUDI applications and reviews PUDII, zone change and LASR requests, as well as Zoning Resolution text amendments, to make recommendations to the Board of Trustees. The Zoning Commission meets on the second Monday of the month at 6:00 p.m. at the Township Administration Building, 8540 Kenwood Road, unless otherwise noted.

DATE CHANGE: Next Zoning Commission Meeting: Tuesday, July 27, 2021, 6:00 p.m.

07/27/2021 Zoning Commission Meeting Agenda

Case 2021-10P1 (11500 Goldcoast Drive)

The applicant is requesting a PUD1 to construct an 11,898 square feet addition to an existing commercial building with associated site improvements. At the conclusion of the hearing on July 27th, the Sycamore Township Zoning Commission will make a final decision. In order for the project to be constructed as proposed, approval from Zoning Commission is required.   

Case 2021-10P1 Submittal Documents Case 2021-10P1 Outside Agency Comments

August Zoning Commission Meeting: Monday, August 9, 2021, 6:00 p.m. 

Case 2021-13LASR (7715-7721 Montgomery Road)

The applicant is requesting an LASR to update the signs for the building.  At the conclusion of the hearing on August 9th, the Sycamore Township Zoning Commission will make a recommendation to the Board of Trustees. In order for the project to be constructed as proposed, approval from the Board of Trustees is required.   

Case 2021-13LASR Submittal Documents

Roger Friedmann, Chairman
Rich Barrick, Vice Chairman
Anne Flanagan, Member
Bill Mees, Member
Steve Roos, Member
Bill Swanson, Alternate

I received a Notice of a Public Hearing in the mail. What does that mean?2021-04-26T13:49:21-04:00

You received a notice because you own property that is located within proximity of a project and we are required by law to notify parties in interest within two hundred feet of the subject property. During the public hearing, the Board will ask for comments from the surrounding property owners. At this time, you may discuss any comments, concerns, or opinions you have on the proposal. Upon conclusion of the hearing, the matter will be considered by the board. They will take a vote based on the information presented. You are not required to attend the public hearing; however, if you have a comment or concern, the Zoning Commission would like to know. You may also send comments in writing to the Planning & Zoning Department at 8540 Kenwood Road, Sycamore Township OH 45236 or email comments to Jessica Daves at jdaves@sycamoretownship.org. Please make sure that your comments arrive at the Township before the scheduled hearing.


What is a Zone Change?2021-04-26T11:34:35-04:00

A Zone Change is a change from one property use to another. (i.e. a residential use to a retail use)

What is a Planned Unit Development?2021-04-26T11:39:18-04:00

A PUD, as it is commonly called, is a means of land regulation which promotes large scale, unified land development by means of mid-range, realistic programs in chase of physically-curable, social and economic deficiencies in land and cityscapes. Where appropriate, this development control promotes:

♦ A mixture of both land uses and dwelling types with at least one of the land uses being regional in nature
♦ The clustering of residential land uses providing public and common open space
♦ Increased administrative discretion to a local professional planning staff while setting aside present land use regulations and rigid plat approval processes
♦ The enhancement of the bargaining process between the developer and government municipalities, which in turn strengthens the municipality’s site plan review        and control over development for potentially increased profits due to land efficiency, multiple land uses, and increased residential densities


What is a PUD Modification?2021-04-26T11:40:13-04:00

A PUD modification is a request for a change to a previously approved Planned Unit Development. Modifications can be either Major or Minor changes to the plan. Major Modifications must be reviewed by Zoning Commission and the Board of Trustees in public hearings; Minor Modifications may be approved at the staff level.

What is an LASR?2021-04-26T11:40:47-04:00

An LASR is a Localized Alternative Sign Regulation. The purpose of an LASR is to allow the creation of special signage for large scale land uses, such as shopping centers, office parks, airports, large institutions, universities, medical centers or other uses having multiple buildings.

Go to Top